Josefina Story Quilt, The - Study GuideProgeny Press
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
HarperCollins I Can Read level 3
When Faith's family packs their covered wagon for the long journey to California, there is no room for Faith's pet hen, Josefina. She is too old to lay eggs and too tough to eat; but Faith's father allows her to bring Josefina on the trip, provided that Josefina makes no trouble. Josefina surprises everyone when she lays eggs, and becomes their watchdog. Faith carefully records each happening in a quilt block for remembering. When they reach California, the quilt is finished, and Faith will never forget her Josefina.
Through Eleanor Coerr's delightful tale of westward pioneers, students will learn:
The Author: Learn about Eleanor Coerr.
Background: Learn about the Westward Expansion.
Before-You-Read Activities: Maps, research oxen, music, quilts, packing wagons.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Action words, verbs, metaphors.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Obey and honor parents, adversity, friendship, prayer, remembrances, hardship, do not be anxious, God is with us.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Crossword, bake bread, art, quilting.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Josefina Story Quilt
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Westward Expansion, USA, 1850
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Rebecca Gilleland
- for the book by:
- Eleanor Coerr
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 34 pages