When Faith's family packs their covered wagon for the long journey to California, there is no room for Faith's pet hen, Josefina. She is too old to lay eggs and too tough to eat; but Faith's father allows her to bring Josefina on the trip, provided that Josefina makes no trouble. Josefina surprises everyone when she lays eggs, and becomes their watchdog. Faith carefully records each happening in a quilt block for remembering. When they reach California, the quilt is finished, and Faith will never forget her Josefina.
Progeny Press' Josefina Story Quilt English/Language Arts PDF curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student(s) with:
Before-You-Read Activities: Prepare for the study ahead with engaging activities such as exploring maps, researching oxen, exploring the music of the era, and unraveling the artistry of quilts, all designed to enhance your understanding of the novel.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Explore the dynamic writing of the novel, focusing on action words, verbs, and metaphors that keep readers engaged and interested.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Look at lessons of obeying and honoring parents, facing adversity with resilience, cherishing friendship, finding solace in prayer, treasuring remembrances, enduring hardship, overcoming anxiety, and recognizing the comforting presence of God.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Choose from activities like crossword puzzles, baking bread to connect with the characters, engaging in artistic expressions, and exploring the intricate world of quilting.
Suggestions for Further Reading: Find more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Josefina Story Quilt
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and begins building their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!