Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie - Study GuideProgeny Press
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
Reading Rainbow Book!
This is the true story of Abbie Burgess and her family.
In the winter of 1856, Abbie's father, the lighthouse keeper, must go for badly-needed supplies, medicine, and oil. As he leaves, he asks for Abbie's promise to keep the lights burning. She gives her word and watches him row away, not knowing that a storm will soon isolate the lighthouse for four weeks. She learns what a promise means as she tends the lights nightly, cares for her sick mother, her sister, and her chickens, and watches anxiously for the storm to end.
Through Peter & Connie Roop’s exciting adventure tale, students will learn:
Before-You-Read Activities: Art projects, research, and history tie-ins.
Literary Techniques: Word pictures, Cause and Effect.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Promises, responsibility and accountability for one’s actions, and prayer.
Activities and Writing Assignments including a Word Search activity page, cooking center, art project, and crafting center.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie!
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the Study Guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Matinicus Rock Lighthouse, Maine, 1856
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Rebecca Gilleland
- for the book by:
- Peter and Connie Roop
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 21 pages