In the winter of 1856, Abbie's courage is put to the test when her father, the lighthouse keeper, becomes stranded on the mainland during a storm. Now responsible for tending the lighthouse, Abbie must navigate the elements, caring for her sick mother, sister, livestock, and keeping the guiding light ablaze for sailors in treacherous waters. Based on a true story.
Progeny Press' English/Language Arts curriculum will provide your Primary/Elementary grade student(s) with:
Before-You-Read Activities: Engage your Primary Elementary grade students with art projects, research activities, and history tie-ins that enhance their study.
Literary Techniques: Explore literary techniques such as creating word pictures and understanding cause and effect, enhancing students' language arts skills.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Delve into moral lessons centered around promises, responsibility, accountability for one's actions, and the power of prayer.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Encourage creativity with a range of activities, including Word Search activity pages, cooking centers, art projects, and crafting centers.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie!
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA Study Guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on Elementary student eyes
- Every question in our novel study has plenty of whitespace for Primary grade student’s answers and handwriting capabilities
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our PDF Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA PDF guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key PDF file included for the teacher!
Progeny Press language arts study guides are designed with your Primary grade Elementary students in mind. With simplified writing assignments, these guides strengthen reading comprehension, vocabulary, and build analytical and writing skills without unnecessary busy work. Progeny Press ELA study guides have been used and loved by students in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!