Long Way to a New Land, The - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Through Joan Sandin's touching story of Swedish immigrants, students will learn:
Before-You-Read Activities: Ancestry, family tree, country flags, geography and map work, research on steamships, and learning about immigration.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Cause and effect, synonyms, action words/verbs, descriptive language.
Moral Lessons and Character Values, such as helping those in need, preparation, importance of God's word, Bible study, God meeting our needs, answer to prayer.
Activities and Writing Assignments including packing a trunk, historical transportation, crossword puzzle, past and present, life on board a ship, word search, illustration study, writing letters, cooking center.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, A Long Way to a New Land!
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
Read the story summary and get the book HERE. Don't miss the sequel, The Long Way Westward.
Choose your format and buy it now:
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Sweden, 1868, New York, Ellis Island
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide author:
- Colleen Schreurs
- for the book by:
- Joan Sandin
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 49 pages