The third book in the Bracken Trilogy
Krea, a humble slave girl, is a juggler in a traveling troupe led by a wicked master. When she falls ill one day and it appears she will die she is rescued by the Wise Woman, who buys her from her terrible master. The Wise Woman nurses Krea back to health with comfort, love, and acceptance. She teaches the girl not only a physician's trade but also honor, loyalty, and the value of compassion.
The kingdom of Bracken is in danger and Krea becomes a courier in the service of King Reynald. Reynald's cousin, Frederick, has plans to overthrow Reynald and take the throne. In the midst of her runs as a messenger, Krea finds herself captured by her former master. Once again the Wise Woman comes to her rescue, and together they seek a way to save King Reynald and Bracken. Amidst brewing war, the Wise Woman will help Krea understand true freedom.
Progeny Press' Two Collars English/Language Arts curriculum provides your Elementary School Primary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Jeri Massi.
Background Information: Wise Woman stories.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, similes, synonym, summary, paraphrase, antonym, adjectives, dictionary, compare and contrast, metaphor, imagery, idiom, setting, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Freedom in Christ, Godly living, duty, love, trust, revenge, doubt, self-worth, God loves us, anger, child of God, serve others, growth.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Castle project, mapping, medieval life, drama, slavery and serfdom, music, wordsearch, short story, juggling, oral speech.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Two Collars by Jeri Massi.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy for Elementary students
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for primary school level student answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the Elementary school student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Upper Elementary grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that build and strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and establishes their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!