Two Collars, The - Study GuideProgeny Press
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
The third book in the Bracken Trilogy
Krea, a humble slave girl, is a juggler in a traveling troupe led by a wicked master. When she falls ill one day and it appears she will die she is rescued by the Wise Woman, who buys her from her terrible master. The Wise Woman nurses Krea back to health with comfort, love, and acceptance. She teaches the girl not only a physician's trade but also honor, loyalty, and the value of compassion.
The kingdom of Bracken is in danger and Krea becomes a courier in the service of King Reynald. Reynald's cousin, Frederick, has plans to overthrow Reynald and take the throne. In the midst of her runs as a messenger, Krea finds herself captured by her former master. Once again the Wise Woman comes to her rescue, and together they seek a way to save King Reynald and Bracken.
Amidst brewing war, the Wise Woman will help Krea understand true freedom.
Through Jeri Massi's satisfying conclusion to the trilogy, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Jeri Massi.
Background Information: Wise Woman stories.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, similes, synonym, summary, paraphrase, antonym, adjectives, dictionary, compare and contrast, metaphor, imagery, idiom, setting, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Freedom in Christ, Godly living, duty, love, trust, revenge, doubt, self-worth, God loves us, anger, child of God, serve others, growth.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Castle project, mapping, medieval life, drama, slavery and serfdom, music, wordsearch, short story, juggling, oral speech.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Two Collars by Jeri Massi.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Medieval, Imaginative
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study guide author:
- Carol Diehn
- for the book by:
- Jeri Massi
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 54 pages