Sword in the Tree, The - Study GuideProgeny Press
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
A Trophy Chapter Book
Eleven-year-old Shan, son of Lord Weldon, grows up studying to become a knight and great swordsman like his father. When a long lost uncle appears one night and begins to abuse his father's hospitality, Shan begins to worry. Everything changes when his father mysteriously disappears and his uncle takes over the castle.
Shan hides his father's sword from his angry uncle and flees the castle with his mother. So begins Shan's quest to restore his heritage and claim to Weldon castle, taking his quest all the way to Camelot and the feet of King Arthur himself!
Through Clyde Robert Bulla's exciting adventure, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Clyde Robert Bulla.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Compare and contrast, setting, characterization, in context, dictionary, foreshadow, imagery, point of view, paraphrase, fact vs. opinion, similes, conflict, climax, resolution, theme, heroism.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Control our tongue, honor parents, wisdom, hospitality, hard work, attitude, humility, anger, emotions, faithfulness.
Activities and Writing Assignments: King Arthur, swords, knights, castles, science, discussions, first aid, field trip, service project, cooking, observation, writing, art, drama, exercise.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Sword in the Tree by Clyde Robert Bulla.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Arthurian, Medieval England
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Rebecca Gilleland
- For the Book By:
- Clyde Robert Bulla
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 45 pages
We have yet to begin Sword in the Tree but have used Charlotte's Web and Where the Red Fern Grows and have been very pleased. We will certainly use your products in the future.