Princess Rosewyn, the daughter of Queen Rosalynn and King Herron, spends her time climbing trees, riding pigs, and taking dares. She despises royal manners and is always looking for a bit of adventure! She finds more adventure than she bargained for when she stumbles upon the secret plot of Sir Blackroot to overthrow her royal family. Her grandmother, the Wise Woman flees with Rosewyn.
When her grandmother is captured, Rosewyn must hide with some humble miners and when discovered, she must flee yet again across the wintry countryside. It will take friendship, sacrifice, and great courage to rescue her parents and save the throne from Blackroot and his villainy.
Progeny Press' Crown and Jewel English/Language Arts curriculum provides your Elementary School Primary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Jeri Massi.
Background Information: Wise Woman stories.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Allegory, in context, similes, symbolism, synonyms, point of view, paraphrase, dialect, adjectives, antonyms, compare and contrast.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Sacrifice, friendship, trust God, serve others, God looks at the heart, humility, courage, God is light.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Castle project, medieval life, maps, drama, creative writing, peer pressure, crossword.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Crown and Jewel by Jeri Massi.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy for Elementary students
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for primary school level student answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the Elementary school student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Upper Elementary grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that build and strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and establishes their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!