Princess Rosalynn of Bracken has been left in the care of loyal Sir Reynald while her father, the king, is away. When Sir Reynald learns of an impending attack from Folger, a neighboring country much larger than Bracken and connected to it only by a suspension bridge he devises a plan to save the princess and hopefully save Bracken as well.
When enemy soldiers chase the fleeing princess and soldier, Herron is wounded and he must leave Rosalynn in the middle of the forest to lead the soldiers away. Rosalynn is left to begin her journey through perilous, enemy-filled territory - her life in danger with every step. In the process, a wise woman will help and guide her to greater understanding of forgiveness, herself, and others. Will Herron escape? Can they bring down the suspension bridge in time to save their country?
Progeny Press' The Bridge English/Language Arts curriculum will provide your Primary School Elementary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Jeri Massi.
Background Information: Wise Woman stories.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Dictionary work, adjectives, synonyms, paraphrase, antonyms, metaphors, similes, idioms.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Forgiveness, anger, misunderstandings, gentleness, wise vs. foolish, consequences, promises, character qualities.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Castle project, maps, Medieval history, class discussions, drama, allegories, Mystery Word activity page.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Bridge by Jeri Massi.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy for Elementary students
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for primary school level student answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the Elementary school student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Upper Elementary grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that build and strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and establishes their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!