One of the most well-known love stories of all time; a love "too rash, too unadvised, too sudden."
Romeo and Juliet get involved in a romantic relationship against the wills of their feuding families, utilizing the help of a priest to sanction their marriage. Through circumstance, blood, deception, and tragedy, the story unfolds. Will the young lovers overcome generations of pain and hate? Will the feud between their families overcome them? Or will their rashness, youth, and impatience bring about their final downfall?
Find all of Progeny Press' Shakespeare titles
Progeny Press' Romeo and Juliet English/Language Arts curriculum will provide your High School grade student with:
English/Language Arts credit: This is a one-quarter credit high school level Literature curriculum.
Author Biography: Learn about William Shakespeare.
Background Information: History of the stories behind Romeo and Juliet.
Before-You-Read Activities: Conflict report, written report on suicide, Map work, persuasive report on solving arguments, travel videos, author biography, research into Greek and Roman mythology.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Root words, prologues, paradox, Character analysis, similes, metaphors, extended metaphors, soliloquy, foreshadowing, paraphrase, conflict, complication, stage directions, context, dramatic irony, main and minor characters, protagonist vs. antagonist, theme, tragic play structure.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Counseling and advice, love at first sight, anger, change of heart, friendship, true love, infatuation, growth through hardship, ethics, reaping what you sow, murder, suicide, and hope.
Activities and Writing Assignments including dramatic performance, timeline, true love essay, explanatory essay regarding advice, play script revision and modification.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more plays by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Movie suggestions included.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on tired teenage high school student's eyes
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for high school level student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our PDF Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA PDF guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher!
Formatted with your High School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refines their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!