Romeo and Juliet - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the Romeo and Juliet Study Guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Through William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet heartbreaking tragedy, students will learn:
Author Biography: Learn about William Shakespeare.
Background Information: History of the stories behind Romeo and Juliet.
Before-You-Read Activities: Conflict report, written report on suicide, Map work, persuasive report on solving arguments, travel videos, author biography, research into Greek and Roman mythology.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Root words, prologues, paradox, Character analysis, similes, metaphors, extended metaphors, soliloquy, foreshadowing, paraphrase, conflict, complication, stage directions, context, dramatic irony, main and minor characters, protagonist vs. antagonist, theme, tragic play structure.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Counseling and advice, love at first sight, anger, change of heart, friendship, true love, infatuation, growth through hardship, ethics, reaping what you sow, murder, suicide, and hope.
Activities and Writing Assignments including dramatic performance, timeline, true love essay, explanatory essay regarding advice, play script revision and modification
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more plays by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Romeo and Juliet. Movie suggestions included.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
Read the story summary of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and get the book HERE.
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Verona, Italy
- Shakespearean Tragedy, British Literature
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Bethine Ellie
- For the Book By:
- William Shakespeare
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 66 pages