Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Through William Shakespeare’s tragic tale of death, revenge, and madness, students will learn:
Author Biography: Learn more about William Shakespeare.
Background Information: Learn about the Anglo-Saxons, the Christian roots of the Viking chieftain Canute, and Denmark’s control of Northern Europe in the early 1000’s. Find out about Kronborg Castle and the inspiration behind the story.
Before-You-Read Activities: Learn about European geography, informative report and research on depression, ghosts, travel videos, Shakespeare biography.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: includes in context, character study, couplet, aside, soliloquy, foreshadowing, summarizing, synonyms, paradox, dialogue analysis, dumb show, couplet, end-rhymes, chorus, compare & contrast, comic relief, main & minor characters, conflict, complications, protagonist/antagonist, tragic flaw, hamartia, theme, tragic play structure, revenge tragedies.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: weakness and sin, revenge vs. justice, man’s place in the world, fear & indecision, death, prayer, guilt, insanity, reason & honor, spiritual fate, suicide, friendship,
Activities and Writing Assignments: including Biblical ghosts & witches, Purgatory research, harbingers & moral decay, symbolic meanings of plants/flowers research, well-known lines & phrases, drama performance, time line, multiple essay ideas, multiple creative writing ideas.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more plays by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Hamlet. Movie suggestions included.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
Learn More about the Book
Read the story summary of Hamlet and get the book HERE.
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Ancient Denmark
- Shakespearean Tragedy, British Literature
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Bethine Ellie
- For the Book By:
- William Shakespeare
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 67 pages