Second book in the Laura Ingalls Wilder celebrated Little House series, Based on a true story.
Almanzo Wilder is almost nine years old, and is the youngest of four children. He's a farmer boy, living and working on his family's large farm in northern New York state. He goes to school in a one-room schoolhouse when school is in session, but when there's work to be done - and there almost always work to be done on the Wilder farm - Almanzo does his part to help his family make a living. Almanzo's driving desire is earning a colt of his very own! Experiencing the labor as well as the leisure times will teach Almanzo the lessons and rewards of hard work, patience, honesty, loyalty, and prudence.
Progeny Press' Farmer Boy English/Language Arts curriculum provides your Elementary School Primary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Background Information: Family farms.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonyms, adjectives, characterization, dictionary, mood, paraphrase, in context, thesaurus, similes, metaphors, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Family time, attitude, work, Sabbath, patience, money, love one another, consequences, honor parents, truth, revenge.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Our Little House guides have many extra hands-on projects including: Farming report or speech, chores, mapwork, dairy, creative writing, art, cooking, garden, wordsearch.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy for Elementary students
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for primary school level student answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the Elementary school student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Upper Elementary grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that build and strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and establishes their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!