Day No Pigs Would Die, A - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Through Robert Newton Peck’s heartwarming and heartbreaking coming-of-age story, students will learn:
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Verbal expressions, mood, in context, dialogue, coming-of-age, tone, comic scenes, conflict, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: helping animals, value of a man, material possessions, adultery, judging others, pride, fairness, death and loss,
Activities and Writing Assignments: mapping, research Shakers, research agriculture, research pigs, birth and death analysis, coming-of-age analysis.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, A Day No Pigs Would Die.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
Read the story summary and get the book HERE.
Note: Mild Language and mildly mature content
Choose your format and buy it now:
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Vermont, 1920's
- American Literature
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Andrew Clausen
- For the Book By:
- Robert Newton Peck
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 48 pages