Last of the Mohicans, The - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
It is the year 1757 and the French-Indian Wars are in full swing. An escalating cycle of events begins when British Major Heyward decides to escort the General's daughters through the woods, following an Indian scout. Betrayed by this scout to the Hurons and French, they are saved by two Mohicans and a white scout named Hawkeye. Thus begins a cycle of war, danger, flight, revenge, loss, and eventually an ultimate sacrifice that will change their lives forever.
Part of the Leatherstocking Tales by James Fenimore Cooper.
In 78 pages (plus an answer key), our study guide contains:
- Background on the authors and story
- Prereading suggested activities
- Vocabulary activities related to the story
- General content questions
- Literary analysis and terminology questions designed to give students a good understanding of writing technique and how to use it
- Critical analysis questions designed to help students consider and analyze the intellectual, moral, and spiritual issues in the story and weigh them with reference to scripture
- and, of course, a detailed answer key!
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Eastern North America, 1757
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Lisa Tiffin
- For the Book By:
- James Fenimore Cooper
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 78 pages