Courage of Sarah Noble, The - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Newbery Honor Award winner, Lewis Carroll Shelf Award Winner
Through Alice Dalgliesh’s enduring tale of a young pioneer girl’s bravery, students will learn:
Historical Background: The early 1700s in early America, Connecticut, and early pioneers.
Author Biography: Learn about Alice Dalgliesh, her background in the British West Indies, and her writing awards.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: similes, dictionary work, imagery, and synonyms.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Courage, Lord’s care, teasing, love your enemies, trusting God, watching our words, encouraging others, honor your father and mother, true friendship, prayer,
Activities and Writing Assignments: Defining courage, mapwork, Early American tribes, cooking center making biscuits, craft a log cabin, art project picture, traditional Native American children’s game, crossword puzzle.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Courage of Sarah Noble by Alice Dalgliesh.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
Learn More about the Book
Read the story summary of Courage of Sarah Noble and get the book HERE.
Other Titles by Alice Dalgliesh: The Bears on Hemlock Mountain
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Connecticut, 1707
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide author:
- Rebecca Gilleland
- for the book by:
- Alice Dalgliesh
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 38 pages