Call of the Wild, The - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
The dog Buck lives a privileged life in the family of a California judge. But when gold is discovered in the Yukon Valley and thousands of men rush north, Buck is stolen from his home and sent north to pull sleds for the Canadian mail service. Buck finds he must learn fast or die, and the new law of life is primitive - the law of club and fang. London reveals the lengths to which men will go to satisfy the gold lust, and he explores the animal instinct of kill or be killed as Buck rises to leader of the pack.
In 68 pages (plus the answer key), our study guide contains:
- Background on the authors and story
- Prereading suggested activities
- Vocabulary activities related to the story
- General content questions
- Literary analysis and terminology questions designed to give students a good understanding of writing technique and how to use it
- Critical analysis questions designed to help students consider and analyze the intellectual, moral, and spiritual issues in the story and weigh them with reference to scripture
- and, of course, a detailed answer key!
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Yukon Gold Rush, Alaska, Canada, 1800's
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Lisa Tiffin
- For the Book By:
- Jack London
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 80 pages