Out of the Silent Planet - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Through C. S. Lewis’ Out of the Silent Planet, the first book in his celebrated Space Trilogy, students will learn:
Theme Analysis for the Novel
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Theme, Compare and contrast, characterization, irony
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Valuing others above yourself, humility, contentment, freedom of choice, God meets our needs, we are all important as different parts of the body of Christ, decision making, power and control, freewill, parables
Activities and Writing Assignments including research paper on Mars, comparative paper on Fascism, research paper on space travel, analysis paper on racism.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Out of the Silent Planet.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
Read the story summary and get the book HERE.
Choose your format and buy it now: