A world of seas and floating, multicolored islands, Perelandra is filled with mystical creatures and almost overpowering pleasures. Only two people inhabit this Garden of Eden - the beautiful and innocent Green Lady, and the King, from whom she has been separated. But shortly after Ransom arrives, so does another man from Earth, a man named Weston. Ransom and Weston had tangled before on Malacandra where Weston's mission had been the extermination of the native races in preparation for human colonization. Ransom expects no better in this Perelandrian confrontation. Can Dr. Ransom keep the two original people from following the human race into sin? Full of rich and imaginative description and practical insights into sin and temptation.
The second book in C. S. Lewis' celebrated Space Trilogy
Progeny Press' Perelandra English/Language Arts curriculum will provide your High School grade student with:
English/Language Arts credit: Complete a high school-level Literature curriculum designed to provide one-quarter credit, with a focus on nurturing a deep understanding of literary analysis.
Author Biography: Read through the life and literary contributions of C.S. Lewis, celebrated for his allegorical works and insights into the complexities of human nature.
Before-You-Read Activities: Begin your ELA study with enriching activities that connect readers, spark comparative discussions, delve into mythology, explore science fiction, engage in creative writing, and explore theological concepts, setting the stage for a comprehensive study.
Vocabulary: Increase your language proficiency through a diverse range of activities designed to promote vocabulary retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Explore and understand literary techniques, including in-context analysis, symbolism interpretation, identifying synonyms and similes, understanding mood dynamics, exploring antonyms, conducting character analyses, examining themes of hubris, scrutinizing settings, analyzing pacing, and exploring climactic moments.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Delve into and discuss moral lessons and character values presented in the novel. Reflect on reactions to true holiness, gain a closer understanding of Christ, explore the nuances of pleasure and guilt, grapple with themes of light and dark, contemplate the concept of good and its consequences, explore the purpose of actions, confront the impact of lying, and consider God's divine plan.
Activities and Writing Assignments Participate in an array of engaging activities and writing assignments, including point-of-view rewrites, artistic projects, creating lists of differences, mythology research, crafting Utopian and Dystopian fiction papers, conducting theme analyses, and crafting thought-provoking papers on confronting evil.
Suggestions for Further Reading: Discover a curated reading list featuring additional works by C.S. Lewis and books that complement or share similar themes with Perelandra.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on tired teenage high school student's eyes
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for high school level student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our PDF Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA PDF guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher!
Formatted with your High School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refines their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!