Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Through C. S. Lewis’ Perelandra, the second book in his celebrated Space Trilogy, students will learn:
Before-You-Read Activities: Connected reader and comparison paper, mythology research, science fiction research and comparison paper, creative writing description, theology research and idea comparison paper.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, symbolism, synonyms, similes, mood, antonyms, character analysis, hubris, setting, pacing, climax.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Reaction to true holiness, a closer look at Christ, pleasure and guilt, light and dark, good, consequences, purpose, lying, sin, God’s plan.
Activities and Writing Assignments including point of view rewrite, art project, differences list, mythology research, Utopian and Dystopian fiction paper, theme analysis, confronting evil paper.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Perelandra.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
Read the story summary for Perelandra by C.S. Lewis and get the book HERE.
Don't miss the first title in the Space Trilogy - Out of the Silent Planet
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Venus, Science Fiction
- British Literature, Christian Analogy, Science Fiction
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Michael S. Gilleland
- For the Book By:
- C.S. Lewis
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 63 pages