Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Study GuideProgeny Press
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
Book 5 in the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.
Science Fiction Hall of Fame Award, Gandalf Award nominee, Prometheus Award nominee, Hugo Award nominee. Big Read List #9 (UK’s top 200), The Great American Read #9 (Top 100).
While visiting their nasty cousin Eustace, Lucy and Edmund are transported back to Narnia, to the sailing ship of Caspian, now king of Narnia. To their dismay, Eustace gets dragged along with them!
Caspian has set sail for the Eastern Islands to find seven lords who were banished there by his evil uncle. But the Eastern Islands are full of strange places and people, and Eustace learns some particularly difficult lessons.
Dragons, treasure, and a quest will bring them to Aslan himself!
Through C.S. Lewis' enduring classic Christian fantasy, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about C.S. Lewis.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, characterization, adjectives, antithesis, synonym, idiom, juxtaposition, paraphrase, simile, anthropomorphism, allusion, aside, parallelism, recap, mood, comic relief, imagery, foreshadow, framework story, quest, conflict, theme, epilogue.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Encouragement, love enemies, wisdom, rationalize, lying, hard work, greed, renewal, perseverance, dedication, appearances, fear, names of Jesus.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Read series, sailing ships, field trips, writing, math, games, word puzzle, invisible ink, sequel, timeline, map.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- England, Imaginative, Fantasy
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Carol Clark
- For the Book By:
- C.S. Lewis
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 68 pages
This guide provides rich insight into the many truths found in Lewis' brilliant work as well as great literary analysis.