While visiting their nasty cousin Eustace, Lucy and Edmund are transported back to Narnia, to the sailing ship of Caspian, now king of Narnia. To their dismay, Eustace gets dragged along with them!
Caspian has set sail for the Eastern Islands to find seven lords who were banished there by his evil uncle. But the Eastern Islands are full of strange places and people, and Eustace learns some particularly difficult lessons. Dragons, treasure, and a quest will bring them to Aslan himself!
Find the Full Series: The Chronicles of Narnia
Book 5 in the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.
Progeny Press Voyage of the Dawn Treader Language Arts curriculum provides your Middle School grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about C.S. Lewis.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, characterization, adjectives, antithesis, synonym, idiom, juxtaposition, paraphrase, simile, anthropomorphism, allusion, aside, parallelism, recap, mood, comic relief, imagery, foreshadow, framework story, quest, conflict, theme, epilogue.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Encouragement, love enemies, wisdom, rationalize, lying, hard work, greed, renewal, perseverance, dedication, appearances, fear, names of Jesus.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Read series, sailing ships, field trips, writing, math, games, word puzzle, invisible ink, sequel, timeline, map.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on Middle School student's eyes
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for middle school level student answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the middle school student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Middle School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refine their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!