Book 2 in The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.
In this tale symbolic of the gospel, during World War II, four children, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, are sent to stay at the country home of an old professor. During a game of hide-and-seek, Lucy steps into a wardrobe, only there seems to be no end to it. Just when she thinks she's found the back she steps out into a wintry forest - and the land of Narnia!
There she meets a Faun named Tumnus who tells her how the White Witch has used her magic to make it always winter in Narnia, but never Christmas. They will all discover the land of Narnia and meet Aslan, the Great Lion and true ruler of Narnia.
Though Aslan's return brings hope to the Narnians, that hope is crushed when Aslan gives himself in sacrifice to save Edmund from the Witch. Who will save Narnia now?
Find the full series: The Chronicles of Narnia
Progeny Press' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe English/Language Arts curriculum provides your Middle School grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about C.S. Lewis.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Symbolism, allegory, in context, foreshadow, dictionary, plot structure, characterization, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Temptation, apologies, betrayal, talents from God, bravery, trust God, God is in control, sacrifice, helping others.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Mythology, multiple optional writing assignments, discussions, logic.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on Middle School student's eyes
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for middle school level student answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the middle school student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Middle School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refine their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!