Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Book 2 in the Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.
In this tale symbolic of the gospel, during World War II, four children, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, are sent to stay at the country home of an old professor. During a game of hide-and-seek, Lucy steps into a wardrobe, only there seems to be no end to it. Just when she thinks she's found the back she steps out into a wintry forest - and the land of Narnia! There she meets a Faun named Tumnus who tells her how the White Witch has used her magic to make it always winter in Narnia, but never Christmas. Later, they all discover the land of Narnia and meet Aslan, the Great Lion and true ruler of Narnia. Though Aslan's return brings hope to the Narnians, that hope is crushed when Aslan gives himself in sacrifice to save Edmund from the Witch. Who will save Narnia now?
In 52 pages (including the answer key), our Study Guide contains:
- Background on the authors and story
- Prereading suggested activities
- Vocabulary activities related to the story
- General content questions
- Literary analysis and terminology questions designed to give students a good understanding of writing technique and how to use it
- Critical analysis questions designed to help students consider and analyze the intellectual, moral, and spiritual issues in the story and weigh them with reference to scripture
- and, of course, a detailed answer key!
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- WWII England, Imaginative
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Andrew Clausen
- For the Book By:
- C.S. Lewis
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 52 pages