Redwall - Study GuideProgeny Press
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
Carnegie Medal nominee, Lancashire Libraries Children's Book of the Year Award, Western Australian Young Readers' Award, New York Times Bestselling Series.
It is the summer of the late rose in Mossflower Woods. As the animals gather at Redwall Abbey to feast in celebration of Abbot Mortimer's Golden Jubilee, the dark clouds of war gather on the horizon. The evil, one-eyed rat, Cluny the Scourge, and his band of marauders have arrived in Mossflower country. Securing the church of St. Ninian's as his base of operations, Cluny seeks to conquer Redwall Abbey and take it as his own. Preparing the residents of Redwall to face this cruel rodent of legendary fame and his henchrats are Abbot Mortimer, the religious leader of the abbey; Constance, a fierce and battle-wise badger; and Matthias, an eager but clumsy and unsure mouse, as yet untried in battle.
Rising to a position of leadership, Matthias finds inspiration and encouragement in the tale of Martin the Warrior, in the wise counsel of Abbot Mortimer, in the battle skill of Constance the badger, and in the admiration of Cornflower, a young female mouse. The survival of Redwall Abbey will touch not only the inhabitants within its stronghold, but also the fate of hundreds of citizens living far beyond its walls. Author Brian Jacques captures all the evil of the villains and heroism of the noble defenders in this epic animal fantasy.
Through Brian Jacques beloved fantasy, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Brian Jacques.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Description, foreshadow, dialect, empathy, foil, paraphrase, comic relief, paradox, simile, acrostic, mood, idioms, in context, symbolism, paradox, cliff-hanger, irony, plot, conflict, complications, climax, resolution, point of view.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Admirable qualities, leadership, pride, teamwork, cooperation, promises, self-control, wisdom, talents, reap what we sow, God knows us, armor of God, advice.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Fantasy, map, cooking, animals, architecture, art, crafting, flags, newspaper, democracy, service project.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Redwall by Brian Jacques.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- 5-10 (9th-10th grade British Literature)
- Fantasy, Medieval
- 9th-10th grade British Literature
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Robert and Janice DeLong
- For the Book By:
- Brian Jacques
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 82 pages