The second book in the Bracken Trilogy:
Princess Rosewyn, the daughter of Queen Rosalynn and King Herron, spends her time climbing trees, riding pigs, and taking dares. She despises royal manners and is always looking for a bit of adventure! She finds more adventure than she bargained for when she stumbles upon the secret plot of Sir Blackroot to overthrow her royal family. Her grandmother, the Wise Woman flees with Rosewyn.
When her grandmother is captured, Rosewyn must hide with some humble miners and when discovered, she must flee yet again across the wintry countryside. It will take friendship, sacrifice, and great courage to rescue her parents and save the throne from Blackroot and his villainy.
Progeny Press' Crown and Jewel Language Arts PDF download curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Jeri Massi.
Background Information: Wise Woman stories.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Allegory, in context, similes, symbolism, synonyms, point of view, paraphrase, dialect, adjectives, antonyms, compare and contrast.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Sacrifice, friendship, trust God, serve others, God looks at the heart, humility, courage, God is light.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Castle project, medieval life, maps, drama, creative writing, peer pressure, crossword.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Crown and Jewel by Jeri Massi.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Upper Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and continue building and refining their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study PDF download accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!
What others have to say about Progeny Press ELA study guides: