When Caspian's parents die, Miraz, Caspian's uncle, assumes the throne, to rule until Caspian grows old enough. But when Miraz has a son and heir of his own, he seeks Caspian's death. Caspian flees into the wilderness where he encounters a pair of Dwarfs and a talking Badger—creatures who inhabited Narnia long ago before Narnia was conquered by the Telmarines.
There are many of the Old Narnians living in secret, and with Caspian on their side, they seek to overthrow Miraz and drive the Telmarines from Narnia. Caspian leads the Old Narnians into battle, but when Caspian's army suffers a series of setbacks, Caspian decides to blow the Horn of Queen Susan which he believes will bring help—possibly in the form of Aslan, the Great Lion, himself! When and how will help appear? And will it come in time?
Find the full series: The Chronicles of Narnia
Book 4 in the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
Progeny Press' Prince Caspian Arts PDF curriculum provides your Middle School grade student with:
About the Author: Delve into the life and mind of C.S. Lewis.
Vocabulary: Master the vocabulary woven throughout the book with a variety of activities designed to improve retention and understanding.
Literary Techniques: From sensory immersion to understanding the nuances of characterization, framing, parallelism, and the interplay of fact and opinion, and placing events in context for a more complete understanding.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: From answering God's calling and cherishing freedom of religion to embodying humility, grappling with pride, and understanding the essence of honor and fear, discuss the deeper lessons from the novel.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Dive into the rest of the Narnian series, embark on creative writing endeavors, map out the story's landscape, explore mythological connections, conduct thoughtful analyses, unleash your artistic flair, embark on field trips, and explore the world of costuming.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis.
All of Progeny Press' language arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Middle School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refine their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!