Everyone agreed that the six Herdman kids were the worst kids in the world. They lied, they stole, they hit little kids, they talked dirty, and everyone smoked cigars (even the girls.) To the other children Sunday School was a safe haven, because the Herdman's never went there. Then one Sunday, when the Herdman's show up looking for chocolate cake, they hear about the Christmas pageant and decide they want to participate.
Landing all the main parts, what will happen when kids who have never even heard the story of Christmas interpret it for their new church?
Progeny Press' Best Christmas Pageant Ever English/Language Arts curriculum provides your Elementary School Primary grade student with:
About the Author: Discover the life of Barbara Robinson, her writing contributions, and meet the creative mind behind the book.
Vocabulary: Examine the vocabulary used throughout the novel, using fun and engaging activities designed to increase comprehension and growth.
Literary Techniques: Deepen your understanding of storytelling through in-context analysis, dictionary usage, distinguishing between fact and opinion, understanding various points of view, capturing mood dynamics, interpreting idioms and similes, conducting character studies, unraveling themes, and addressing the theme of self-righteousness.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Think about and discuss the Golden Rule, understanding the concept of Pharisees, recognizing all as part of the body of Christ, appreciating Jesus' love for children, fostering a spirit of giving, and understanding that God looks at the heart.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Complete extra curricular assignments like creating a Christmas mural, storytelling, exploring Christmas traditions, delving into carols, addressing the impact of gossip, engaging in word searches, participating in drama, extending invitations, and contributing to a service project.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a reading list featuring more works by Barbara Robinson and books that are similar to, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy for Elementary students
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for primary school level student answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the Elementary school student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Upper Elementary grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that build and strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and establishes their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!
What others have to say about Progeny Press ELA study guides: