Christopher Award 1976 • ALA Notable Book • Horn Book Fanfare List • NEA Teachers' Top 100 • School Library Journal "Top 100 Chapter Books of All Time" • International Reading Assoc. CLA Phoenix Honor Award • the IBBY • Polish National Section Award • Janusz Korczack Medal • included in Anita Silvey's "The 100 Best Books for Children" • National Education Association "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children"
Feeling "cooped up" and tired of living under the strict discipline of her parents and grandmother, 10-year-old Winnie Foster decides to run away from home. When she ventures out on her own, she discovers a young man in her family's wood who belongs to a remarkable family with a remarkable claim: that the water from a spring in the forest has blessed (or cursed) them with immortality.
Mae Tuck, the family's matriarch, kidnaps Winnie in order to keep this secret safe, but the stranger in the yellow suit is already on the Tucks' trail, eager to exploit their secret for his own financial gain. Is eternal life a blessing or a curse?
Winnie must decide whether she believes the Tucks' claim, if she will trust and help them, and—before her adventures end—whether or not to join them on their never-ending journey.
Progeny Press English/Language Arts curriculum provides your Middle School grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Natalie Babbitt.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Setting, description, foreshadow, symbol, in context, dictionary, simile, metaphor, compare and contrast, epilogue, motivation, motif.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Family, obedience, names, fear, routine, death, sacrifice, freedom, choices, God brings good, situations.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Immortality, Juan Ponce de Leon, late 1800s, wordsearch, interview, drama, creative writing, art, music, timeline, essay.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on Middle School student's eyes
- Every question in our novel unit study has plenty of whitespace for middle school level student answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the middle school student’s work
- Complete, removable answer key included for the teacher to make grading simple!
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Middle School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refine their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!