Tuck Everlasting - Study GuideProgeny Press
Christopher Award 1976, ALA Notable Book, Horn Book Fanfare List. NEA Teachers' Top 100, School Library Journal "Top 100 Chapter Books of All Time", International Reading Assoc. CLA Phoenix Honor Award, the IBBY, Polish National Section Award, Janusz Korczack Medal, included in Anita Silvey's book "The 100 Best Books for Children," National Education Association named the book one of its "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children."
Feeling "cooped up" and tired of living under the strict discipline of her parents and grandmother, 10-year-old Winnie Foster decides to run away from home. When she ventures out on her own, she discovers a young man in her family's wood who belongs to a remarkable family with a remarkable claim: that the water from a spring in the forest has blessed (or cursed) them with immortality.
Mae Tuck, the family's matriarch, kidnaps Winnie in order to keep this secret safe, but the stranger in the yellow suit is already on the Tucks' trail, eager to exploit their secret for his own financial gain. Is eternal life a blessing or a curse?
Winnie must decide whether she believes the Tucks' claim, if she will trust and help them, and—before her adventures end—whether or not to join them on their never-ending journey.
Through Natalie Babbitt's serious but can't-put-it-down exciting novel, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Natalie Babbitt.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Setting, description, foreshadow, symbol, in context, dictionary, simile, metaphor, compare and contrast, epilogue, motivation, motif.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Family, obedience, names, fear, routine, death, sacrifice, freedom, choices, God brings good, situations.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Immortality, Juan Ponce de Leon, late 1800s, wordsearch, interview, drama, creative writing, art, music, timeline, essay.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!