Scavengers, The - Study GuideProgeny Press
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
New York Times Best-selling author!
I wedged my fists on my hips and I announced that Maggie was yesterday, and from this day forward I would answer only to Ford Falcon.
People live either UnderBubble or OutBubble - in the protected cities or in the wilderness without electricity, gasoline, or any other modern convenience. Ford Falcon's family lives OutBubble in a slapdash shelter on Skullduggery Ridge near Goldmine Gulley, an old trash heap where they scavenge for lumber and supplies. A partnership of government and corporations have genetically modified URCorn, a miracle food that makes people stronger and healthier. That is, if you can eat it. And the GreyDevils, strange creatures, human mostly, will do anything for URCorn. Anything. . .
Add in solar bears and weird weather that cannot decide if it is summer or winter and you can bet life is not easy. But there is something much more mysterious going on, and Ford Falcon thinks it has something to do with her father. When she returns from a bartering trip to find her home ransacked and her family gone, Ford must find her own way and prove that she can face the world's hardships alone and overcome whatever obstacles stand in the way of rescuing her loved ones!
"Michael Perry pulls out all the stops in this colorful tale." -Katherine Applegate, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Newberry Medal winner The One and Only Ivan
"This brave, smart, funny, independent young hero is totally unlike anyone I've ever seen before." -Wendy Mass, New York Times bestselling author of The Candymakers
"Gifted and gritty, Ford Falcon is a heroine with heart." -Leslie Connor, author of Waiting for Normal
Through this imaginative Dystopian future, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Michael Perry.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Alliteration, consonance, repetition, synonym, homonym, foreshadow, proverbs, denotative, connotative, antonym, assonance, flashback, onomatopoeia, in context, dictionary, cliffhanger, comic relief, tone, coming-of-age, point of view, utopia, theme, conflict.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Honor parents, neighbors, courage, mercy, nostalgia, work, preparation, comfort, loneliness, priorities, emotions, self-control, talents, truth.
Activities and Writing Assignments: GMO's, field trip, survival skills, cooking, greenhouses, scouting, aquaponics, art, armor, crossword, Morse Code, addictions, games, discrimination, racism, farming, science, dystopia, poetry.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Scavengers by Michael Perry.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Future, Dystopian, Science Fiction
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Michael Gilleland
- For the Book by:
- Michael Perry
- Study Guide Page Count: