Silver Chair - E-GuideProgeny Press
Book 6 in The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.
Science Fiction Hall of Fame Award, Gandalf Award nominee, Prometheus Award nominee, Hugo Award nominee, Big Read List #9 (UK’s top 200), The Great American Read #9 (Top 100).
Fleeing from bullies at their nasty school, Eustace Scrubb and Jill Pole suddenly find an escape into Narnia but then become separated. Jill meets the great lion Aslan who tells her they have a task to accomplish and gives her four signs to memorize to help accomplish their task. When Jill is reunited with Eustace, they learn that King Caspian's son Prince Rilian has vanished, and they are to find him and return him to Narnia.
With the help of a comically gloomy Marsh-wiggle named Puddleglum, they set out to find the prince, but soon find themselves forgetting to repeat the four signs! Throw in some giants, treacherous weather, and an evil Queen and their struggles compound. When they are captured and led away to Underworld, it looks as if they may have failed completely at Aslan's task.
Through C.S. Lewis' enduring classic Christian fantasy, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about C.S. Lewis.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, foreshadow, synonym, aside, irony, comic relief, motif, adjectives, onomatopoeia, idiom, mood, juxtaposition, hyperbole, imagery, poetic justice, structure, conflict, protagonist, antagonist, denouement, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Living water, prophecy, pessimism, joy, peace, trust and obey God, encouragement, empathy, truth, consequences, repentance.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Narnia series, memorization, writing, field trip, science, discussion, flowers, art, letters, computer project, design and construction.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Fantasy, Medieval
- Study Guide Author:
- Carol Clark
- for the book by:
- C.S. Lewis
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 61 pages