Publisher Notice: We are sad to announce that Harper Collins has decided to retire this title. It is no longer available in paperback. It is still available as a Kindle ebook on Amazon. Or you can still find it in many libraries.
Sam lives with his mother and father on a farm in Lexington, Massachusetts. America is still a British colony, but the people are unhappy. One day, Sam sees British soldiers in Boston trying to keep order. "They want to keep us from being too strong." his father tells him. One spring night, Sam is woken by the church bells. The British soldiers are marching to Concord where the colonists have hidden weapons. Sam goes with his father and the minutemen, hoping to hold back the British. At their first encounter, Sam's best friend is injured. Learning to stay hidden, the minutemen's second encounter with the British drives them off. Experience the start of the American Revolution through a young boy's eyes.
Progeny Press' Sam the Minuteman English/Language Arts PDF curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student(s) with:
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Cause and effect, similes, metaphors, mood.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Anger, fear, justice, freedom and responsibility.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Timelines, maps, poetry, crossword, history, cooking, journal, hat, Declaration of Independence, Liberty Bell, our American freedoms.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Sam the Minuteman by Nathaniel Benchley.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and begins building their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!