Perelandra - E-GuideProgeny Press
The second book in C.S. Lewis' celebrated Space Trilogy.
A world of seas and floating, multicolored islands, Perelandra is filled with mystical creatures and almost overpowering pleasures. Only two people inhabit this Garden of Eden - the beautiful and innocent Green Lady, and the King, from whom she has been separated. But shortly after Ransom arrives, so does another man from Earth, a man named Weston. Ransom and Weston had tangled before on Malacandra where Weston's mission had been the extermination of the native races in preparation for human colonization. Ransom expects no better in this Perelandrian confrontation. Can Dr. Ransom keep the two original people from following the human race into sin? Full of rich and imaginative description and practical insights into sin and temptation.
Through C. S. Lewis’ Perelandra, the second book in his celebrated Space Trilogy, students will learn:
Author Biography: Learn about C.S. Lewis.
Before-You-Read Activities: Connected reader and comparison paper, mythology research, science fiction research and comparison paper, creative writing description, theology research and idea comparison paper.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, symbolism, synonyms, similes, mood, antonyms, character analysis, hubris, setting, pacing, climax.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Reaction to true holiness, a closer look at Christ, pleasure and guilt, light and dark, good, consequences, purpose, lying, sin, God’s plan.
Activities and Writing Assignments including point of view rewrite, art project, differences list, mythology research, Utopian and Dystopian fiction paper, theme analysis, confronting evil paper.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Perelandra by C.S. Lewis.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!