Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Through C. S. Lewis’ Perelandra, the second book in his celebrated Space Trilogy, students will learn:
Before-You-Read Activities: Connected reader and comparison paper, mythology research, science fiction research and comparison paper, creative writing description, theology research and idea comparison paper.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, symbolism, synonyms, similes, mood, antonyms, character analysis, hubris, setting, pacing, climax.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Reaction to true holiness, a closer look at Christ, pleasure and guilt, light and dark, good, consequences, purpose, lying, sin, God’s plan.
Activities and Writing Assignments including point of view rewrite, art project, differences list, mythology research, Utopian and Dystopian fiction paper, theme analysis, confronting evil paper.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Perelandra.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
Our Interactive Study Guide will open with Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0+. You may still print off the study guide just as before. But with the interactive files, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
Read the story summary and get this book HERE.
Buy it now:
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Venus, Science Fiction
- British Literature, Christian Analogy, Science Fiction
- Study Guide Author:
- Michael S. Gilleland
- For the Book By:
- C.S. Lewis
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 63 pages
Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase or until maximum download allowance is reached (whichever occurs first). Once downloaded, back the file up onto a Recordable CD or USB drive for safekeeping. Progeny Press retains the right to refuse replacement of lost or damaged products and/or files.