Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
#1 on the Big Read List (UK's top 200). The first book in Tolkien's classic Lord of the Rings series.
Through J.R.R. Tolkien's tale of fantasy, hobbits, adventure, danger, loyalty, and courage, students will learn:
Author Biography: Learn about J.R.R. Tolkien and the fascinating history behind the author and novel.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Exposition, tone, paradox, anthropomorphism, Tom Bombadil, homonyms, rhyme, point of view, rhythm, paradox, comic relief, setting, alliteration, assonance,
Moral Lessons and Character Values: God is in control, pity, self-awareness, advice, true friends, Word of God guides us, ethnocentrism, temptation, flee from sin, pray, seek counsel, God provides strength, prisoner treatment,
Activities and Writing Assignments: Read the prequel, mapwork, novel prologue, crossword puzzle, debate, compare & contrast paper, character journal, walking tour, use of color, art, blind walk, travel account, class discussions, poem, Tolkien’s Poetry—mini poetry element study, Oral reading, title, foreshadow,
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books and movies that tie in with, or are similar to, The Fellowship of the Ring.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
Learn More about the Book
Read the story summary of The Fellowship of the Ring and get the book HERE.
Check out the prequel: The Hobbit and the sequels: Two Towers, and Return of the King.
Looking for an unabridged audiobook of The Fellowship of the Ring? Click HERE.
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Imaginative, Middle Earth
- British Literature, Fantasy
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Michael S. Gilleland
- For the Book By:
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 104 pages