Little Women - Study Guide
Coming Soon, pre-order now!! Also check out our Little Women Script for onstage productions!!
#18 on the Big Read List (UK’s top 200.)
This American classic is as fresh and meaningful today as it was when written over 130 years ago. Largely based on the author's own childhood, Little Women is a timeless tale of the four young March sisters - Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy - who grow to maturity in their mother's tender but strong and loving care. As different in personality as they are one in their devotion to each other, the girls vow to support their beloved mother by behaving their best while Father is away serving in the American Civil War.
Literary-minded tomboy Jo develops a fast friendship with the boy next door, and pretty Meg, the eldest, finds true love. Affectionate but frail Beth fills the house with music, and little Amy, the youngest, seeks beauty with all the longing of an artist's soul. Although poor in material wealth, the family possesses an abundance of love, friendship, and imaginative gifts that have captivated readers for 130 years!
Through Louisa May Alcott's touching story of the March family, students will learn: (INFORMATION COMING SOON)
Background Information: (INFORMATION COMING SOON)
Author Biography: Learn more about Louisa May Alcott.
Before-You-Read Activities: (INFORMATION COMING SOON)
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: (INFORMATION COMING SOON)
Moral Lessons and Character Values: (INFORMATION COMING SOON)
Activities and Writing Assignments:(INFORMATION COMING SOON)
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Little Women. Movie suggestions included.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
Learn More about the Book
Read the story summary of Little Women and get the book HERE.
- Coming Soon! Pre-order Now!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- New England, USA, 1860s, American Civil War
- American Literature, Historical Literature
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Carol Clark
- For the Book By:
- Louisa May Alcott