Golden Goblet, The - Study GuideProgeny Press
Newbery Honor Award Winner 1962. Three-time Newbery Honor Award winning author. Top pick for school history studies. Featured in 100 Top Picks For Homeschool Curriculum: Choosing The Right Curriculum And Approach For Your Child's Learning Style by Cathy Duffy
Ranofer dreams of following in his father's footsteps as a goldsmith, but when he is suddenly orphaned, he struggles under the abusive control of a half-brother.
When he stumbles across tomb robbers, Ranofer is swept into danger, mystery, and intrigue, but he never loses sight of his dream. This exciting coming-of-age mystery brings Ancient Egypt to life.
Through Eloise Jarvis McGraw's enthralling Egyptian mystery, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Eloise Jarvis McGraw.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonym, imagery, simile, setting, juxtaposition, irony, foreshadowing, in context, foil, metaphor, dictionary, comic relief, antonym, cliffhanger, point of view, mood, conflict, climax, characterization, dilemma, theme, poetic justice.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Refine, our plans, consequences, prayer, fear, anger, lying, greed, wealth, trust in God, diligence, truth, humility.
Activities and Writing Assignments: History, field trip, mapping, create your own lapbook, crossword, gold, jokes, hieroglyphics, cooking, Egyptian culture, discussion, drama, writing, art, Bible study.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
Best of the three teacher resources I purchased for this novel, and the only one I'll use. I'll purchase from this company again. I teach 5th and 6th grade and wanted reproducible materials for a reading unit. This is pedagogically solid material and fully reproducible for one classroom. This is exactly what I would have developed if I had the time! Also, each chapter has a small, separate section relating the Bible to the text, but if you are using this in a public school you can just skip those parts. Being in a Catholic school I think it is a useful integration.
The cost is high for what you get. It would be better if it included note poking pages, projects and maybe additional reading for digging deeper. The younger versions need more vocabulary and content.