Give Me Liberty - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the Give Me Liberty Study Guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
ALA Booklist and School Library Journal recommended, Multiple Award-winning Author!
Nathaniel Dunn lives as an indentured servant in colonial Virginia. He meets a kindly schoolmaster named Basil, and Nathaniel's luck turns, allowing him to work for a carriage maker. But as Nathaniel's luck turns for the better, the atmosphere turns for the worse. Public outcry against the English becomes commonplace, and the call "give me liberty, or give me death" grows into a budding revolution. Amidst his new world of philosophy, books, and the idea of equality, Nathaniel faces new questions. Should he join this fight against England's oppression and taxes? What would change, if anything, for an indentured servant if the Revolutionaries are successful?
In 60 pages (plus an answer key), our study guide contains:
- Background on the authors and story
- Prereading suggested activities
- Vocabulary activities related to the story
- General content questions
- Literary analysis and terminology questions designed to give students a good understanding of writing technique and how to use it
- Critical analysis questions designed to help students consider and analyze the intellectual, moral, and spiritual issues in the story and weigh them with reference to scripture
- and, of course, a detailed answer key!
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Colonial United States, Revolutionary War
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Carol Clark
- For the Book By:
- L.M. Elliott
- Study Guide Page Count: