Best Christmas Pageant Ever, The - E-GuideProgeny Press
ALA Notable Children's Book, Georgia Children's Book Award, Library of Congress Children's Books, Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award, Young Hoosier Book Award.
Everyone agreed that the six Herdman kids were the worst kids in the world. They lied, they stole, they hit little kids, they talked dirty, and everyone smoked cigars (even the girls.) To the other children Sunday School was a safe haven, because the Herdman's never went there. Then one Sunday, when the Herdman's show up looking for chocolate cake, they hear about the Christmas pageant and decide they want to participate.
Landing all the main parts, what will happen when kids who have never even heard the story of Christmas interpret it for their new church?
Through Barbara Robinson's hilarious book, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Barbara Robinson.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, dictionary, fact vs. opinion, point of view, mood, idioms, similes, character study, theme, self-righteousness.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Golden Rule, Pharisees, all part of the body of Christ, Jesus loves children, giving, God looks at the heart.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Christmas mural, storytelling, Christmas traditions, carols, gossip, wordsearch, drama, invitation, service project.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Contemporary US
- Study Guide Author:
- Andrew Clausen
- for the book by:
- Barbara Robinson
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 53 pages
The best Christmas pageant ever
Covers all the literary genres/elements. Can get tedious if followed to a T, but if you feel free to tweak a bit and not do EVERYTHING, these guides are invaluable. My daughter loved the Best Christmas Pageant Ever, she found the story appealing, and the guide helped her to really understand it. Also, a plug for the eguides - they are great! No stacks of books and papers lying around. Print only what you need, and with a kindle version of the book, you have a quality literature study that takes up virtually no space at all!