Beowulf - BookW.W. Norton & Co.
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 - 14 and get 10% off
- Buy 15 or above and get 15% off
ALA Notable Book Award.
Beowulf is the first great English, Anglo-Saxon, literary epic, chronicling a hero's exploits as northern European clans teeter between Christianity and the old religions.
A monster, Grendel, has descended on Heorot, mead hall of King Hrothgar, bringing death and chaos for 12 years.
Beowulf, hero of the Geats, travels to the land of the Danes to free them from Grendel's grasp. With boldness and God's help, Beowulf defeats Grendel and Grendel's mother when she comes seeking vengeance.
Finally, at the end of a long reign as king of the Geats, Beowulf faces a dragon to save his people and burn his name into the pages of history.
*This version includes both the excellent translation by Seamus Heaney and the original english version for Old English enthusiasts!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- 6th Century Scandinavia
- Ancient Literature, British Literature, Historical Literature
- Page Count:
- 213 pages
- Translation by Seamus Heaney
- Special Note:
- We strongly suggest you purchase the Beowulf translation we carry, as this study guide is specifically designed for the translation by Seamus Heaney. Other translations may differ and make the use of the study guide difficult.