Anne of Green Gables - E-GuideProgeny Press
#41 on the Big Read List (UK’s top 200), The Great American Read #11 (Top 100)
When Marilla Cuthbert and her brother Matthew send for an orphan boy to help Matthew on the farm, Anne Shirley, a skinny, red-headed girl who never stops talking, arrives instead. From the beginning, Matthew's heart is captured by this "kindred spirit" and he decides he wants to keep her. Marilla reluctantly agrees to this, but eventually finds herself entranced by Anne's chatter, amused by the scrapes Anne gets herself into, and frustrated with Anne always having her head in the clouds. As Anne grows, Marilla finds her a "genius for getting into trouble." Yet, as Anne says, "have you ever noticed one encouraging thing about me, Marilla? I never make the same mistake twice."
A book full of fun, close scrapes, and love. As Anne says at the end of the book, "'God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.'"
Through L.M. Montgomery's humorous and memorable novel, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about L.M. Montgomery.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, characterization, adjectives, simile, allusion, synonym, paradox, alliteration, personification, antonym, foreshadow, epoch, epiphany, symbolism, conflict, climax.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Optimism, Creation, orphans, demonstrate God's love, security, truth, respect, prayer, gossip, forgiveness, growth in difficulties, love, personal responsibility, God's providence.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Maps, authors, Prince Edward Island, orphanages, writing, flowers, art, discussions, field trips, role models, concert, eulogy, goals, drama, poetry, speech, nature journal.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
We love these study guides. They cover vocabulary, comprehension, critical thinking, & Christian worldview. I appreciate the cost-saving interactive guides.
We are enjoying our Anne of Green Gables ebook very much! There are many thought provoking questions to give us a deeper insite to the story, and we love how the scriptures coincide with the story! We will be using future guides for our studies!