Across Five Aprils - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of this guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
1965 Newbery Honor book. 1966 Lewis Carroll Shelf Award. 1965 Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award. 1964 Charles W. Follett Award. 1965 Clara Ingram Judson Memorial Award.
Through Irene Hunt's Civil War tale, students will learn:
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Setting, similes, idioms, characterization, personification, foreshadowing, hyperbole (it's the best!), theme, juxtaposition, metaphor, dramatic irony, paraphrase, plot, rising action, climax/turning point, denouement (resolution), conflict, motif
Moral Lessons and Character Values, such as peer pressure, setting aside revenge, coming-of-age, responsibility, maturity, and many more!
Activities and Writing Assignments to bolster and enhance the student's understanding and comprehension of the lessons including projects such as map work, letter-writing, and music.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
Choose your format and buy it now:
- Usually ships within 24-72 hours
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Southern Illinois, American Civil War, 1860's
- Workbook ISBN:
- CD ISBN:
- Study Guide Author:
- Carol Clark
- For the Book By:
- Irene Hunt
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 74 pages