The Mission of Progeny Press
"To teach our children to think clearly, to understand literature, and to rely on the scripture for truth and values, and enjoy themselves while they do it!"
The Progeny Press Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is true spiritually, morally, and historically. It is to be the foundation of all mankind's wisdom, behavior, and belief structures.
- There is one triune God composed of three Persons: God the Father; God the Son, Jesus Christ; and God the Holy Spirit. God is the creator and keeper of all things. He is holy and immutable, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, etc. There is no higher authority in heaven or on earth. There is no other god.
- Humanity is sinful. Through Adam sin entered the world, and through Adam and by our own actions we are all guilty of sin. We cannot achieve God's standard of perfection by any means of our own. Nothing we do can "earn" our salvation.
- Jesus, God incarnate, by His life fulfilled the Law of God, by His death fulfilled the penalty for our sin, and by His resurrection sealed His authority and power to bring His followers, righteous, before God the Father.
- Only by the grace and mercy of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, can a person be saved. Each individual must make this decision for himself or herself.
We believe these elements define a Christian and are beyond contestation. Upon other issues we may have strong opinions and believe the Bible is clear, but we recognize there can be honest differences of opinion. We also believe that Jesus Christ was the only man to be 100% correct in all His statements, and so we humbly accept that the remainder of humanity will be wrong in some aspect, including us. However, we continue to work together in love for the glory of God.
Michael and Rebecca Gilleland