Progeny Press is dedicated to the privacy of its visitors and users and committed to protecting their personal information. We are committed to using such data ethically and in compliance with data privacy laws. This policy describes how we may collect and use personal information, and the rights and choices available to our visitors and users regarding such information.
We strongly urge you to read this policy and make sure you fully understand it, before you access or use any of our Services.
1. Please read thoroughly!
2. What information do we collect?
We collect two types of data from our Visitors and Users:
- Non-identifiable data pertaining to a Visitor, which may be made available to us, or collected automatically via their use of our Services (“Non-personal Information”). Such Non-personal Information does not enable us to identify the Visitor or User. The Non-personal Information primarily consists of technical usage information, such as browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on our Services, non-identifying information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
- Individually identifiable data, namely data that identifies an individual or may, with dedicated effort, cause the identification of an individual, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information collected commonly consists of contact details (such as e-mail address or phone number), billing details (name, physical address, payment method and transaction details), which are only collected from Users with Paid Services, details regarding a browsing or usage session (IP address, Geo-location and/or device unique identifier), details regarding connected third party accounts (such as the e-mail or username for a connected PayPal, Google or Facebook account), correspondences (including those made through or uploaded to our Services), and any other Personal Information expressly provided to us by Visitors and/or Users through their access to and/or use of the Services.
3. How do we collect data?
We collect data through two primary sources:
- We collect data when you use our Services. When you visit or use our Services, including when you browse our Website, register a User Account, and/or edit your User Account, we are aware of it and will usually gather, collect and record such uses, sessions and related information, either independently or with the help of third-party services as detailed in Section 6 below, including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, as further detailed in Section 7 below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide us when you register to our Services; when you sign in to our Services via third party services such as Facebook or Google; when you place purchases; when you submit or upload such Personal Information as you use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel (e.g., Progeny Press’ contact form, live chat, emails).
- We also utilize information from third party sources as described in Section 6 below.
4. Why do we collect such information?
We collect Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate our Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services, based on Visitors’ and Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages (as further detailed in Section 8 below);
- To create statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities; and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We only use your Personal Information for the purposes as described in Section 4 where we are satisfied that:
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we have, or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to support legitimate interests that we have as a business (for example, to maintain and improve our Services by identifying user trends and identifying technical issues), provided it is conducted at all times in a way that respects your privacy.
No one under age 18 should provide any Personal Information to us through any of our Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. Parents and guardians should supervise their children's activities at all times.
We collect and use information in order to contact our visitors and users, and in order to comply with applicable laws.
5. Where do we store your information?
Visitors’ and Users’ Personal Information may be maintained, processed and stored by Progeny Press and our authorized affiliates and service providers in the United States of America, and in other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law (as further explained below).
MG Publishers Group, LLC is based in the United States of America, which is considered by the European Commission to offer adequate protection for the Personal Information of EU residents.
Progeny Press affiliates and service providers that store or process your Personal Information on our behalf are each contractually committed to keep it protected and secured, in accordance with industry standards and regardless of any lower legal standards which may apply in their jurisdiction.
6. Sharing personal information with third parties
Progeny Press does not sell Personal Information to third parties under any circumstances (e.g. mailing lists or customer demographic information). Progeny Press may share your Personal Information with third parties (or otherwise allow them access to it) only in the following manners and instances:
6.1. Third Party Services
Progeny Press has partnered select service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate, and enhance our own. These services include hosting and server services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data services, billing and transaction processing services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, marketing services, and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Service(s)”).
Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to our Visitors’ and Users’ Personal Information, in its entirety or in part – depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services and business, and may only use it for such purposes.
The information may be shared solely in accordance with this policy.
6.2. Law Enforcement, Legal Requests and Duties
Where permitted by law, Progeny Press may disclose or otherwise allow others access to your Personal Information pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, legal proceedings, search warrant, court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, if we have good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you.
6.3. Protecting Rights and Safety
Progeny Press may share your Personal Information with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of Progeny Press, any of our Users, or any person of the general public, with or without notice to you.
6.4. Social Media Features
Our Services include certain Social Media features and widgets, the “Facebook Like” button, the “Share this” button or other interactive mini-programs (“Social Media Features”). These Social Media Features may collect information such as your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Website, and may utilize a cookie to facilitate functionality. Use of these third parties’ Social Media Features are governed by their policies and not ours.
6.5. Subsidiaries and Affiliated Companies
In summation, we may share your Personal Information in manners as described above, with your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so. Moreover, we may transfer, share, disclose or otherwise use Non-personal Information without the need for further approval.
Progeny Press, together with its marketing, analytics, and service partners, uses certain technologies (such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags and scripts). These technologies are used in order to facilitate, maintain, and improve our Services on an ongoing basis, in order to provide our Visitors and our Users with a better experience. For example, we are able to maintain and keep track of our Visitor’s and Users’ ad preferences on our website and authenticated sessions, to better secure our Services, to identify technical issues, user trends and effectiveness of campaigns, and to monitor and improve our Services.
You may block, opt-out of or otherwise manage tracking technologies by yourself, through your browser settings or other sources – but please note that this may adversely affect the way you experience our services.
8. Communications from Progeny Press
8.1. Promotional Messages
We may use Personal Information to send promotional content and messages by e-mail and similar forms of communication from Progeny Press, or our partners (acting on Progeny Press’ behalf), through such means.
If you do not wish to receive such promotional messages or calls, you may notify Progeny Press at any time or follow the “unsubscribe” or STOP instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
We endeavor to limit the promotional content we send you to a reasonable level, and to send you information which we believe in good faith may be of interest or relevance to you, based on your information.
8.2. Service and Billing Messages
Progeny Press may also contact you with important information regarding our Services, or your use thereof.
For example, we may contact you (through any of the means available to us) to reply to your support ticket or e-mail; send User transaction confirmations when an order is placed; follow up on a product review you posted on our site; or notify you of changes to our Services.
It is necessary that you are able to receive such messages. For this reason, you are unable to opt-out of receiving such Service and Billing Messages unless you are no longer a Progeny Press Visitor or User (which can be done by deactivating your account).
We may also contact you with service and billing-related messages and content. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such messages.
9. Your rights in relation to your personal information
It is imperative that you have control over your Personal Information. That’s why we are taking steps to enable you to access, update, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
Before disclosing Personal Information, we may ask you for additional information in order to confirm your identity and for security purposes.
You have the right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data, but we strongly recommend you contact us first.
We will respond to any of your Personal Information requests within a reasonable timeframe.
10. Data Retention
We may continue to retain such Personal Information even after you deactivate your User Account and/or cease to use any particular Services, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding our Users, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce contractual agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
Where Personal Information is no longer required we ensure it is securely deleted.
Progeny Press has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to most areas on our Services; the transmission of sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) through our designated purchase forms is protected by an industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connection; and our payment processor regularly maintains PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification. We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Regardless of the efforts taken by us, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information.
We vehemently encourage you to set strong passwords for your User Account, and avoid providing us or anyone with any sensitive information of which you believe its disclosure could cause you substantial or irreparable harm. Furthermore, because certain areas on our Services are less secure than others (if you browse to a non-SSL page), and since e-mail and instant messaging are not recognized as secure forms of communications, we request and encourage you not to share any Personal Information on any of these areas or via any of these methods.
12. Public forums and user content
If you use a third party application to post a comment to us (e.g., Facebook) while logged in to your related profile with such third party, you must login into such application or contact its provider if you want to remove the Personal Information you posted on that platform.
In any event, we advise against posting any information (or use any posting means to post information) you don’t wish to publicize on these platforms.
If you upload any User Content to our Services (e.g., a public product review, or comment on a blog post), or provide it in any other way as part of the use of any Service, you do so at your own risk.
We have put adequate security measures in place to protect your Personal Information. However, we cannot control the actions of other Users or members of the public who may access your User Content, and are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures you or we may have put in place. You understand and acknowledge that, even after its removal by you or us, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if any third parties have copied or stored such User Content. To clarify, we advise against uploading or posting any information you do not wish to be public.
13. Updates and interpretation
14. Contacting us
You may also contact us by mail at: PO Box 100, Fall Creek, WI 54742 USA