Click here for a sample section of the Prereader Study Guide! Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Get the book Oscar Otter HERE Get the book Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble HERE
Henry and Mudge: Simon and Schuster READY-TO-READ level 2, Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Winners
Oscar Otter: HarperTrophy I Can Read Level 1, Newbery Honor winning author
This study guide is written for the teacher and parent, packed with science and craft extensions, and coloring and activity handouts to keep little hands busy while they discuss and learn.
- Oscar Otter is tired of other animals getting in his way when he plays, so he decides to build his own slide up in the mountains. He ignores some important advice from his father and ends up in danger. His enemy, the fox, is watching! But what the fox doesn't know is that someone is watching him . . . .
- Henry and Mudge, everyone's favorite boy and dog duo, learn that friends are more important than things, there are flowers to smell, puddles to splash in, and newborn kittens to take care of. Come along for three sweet springtime adventures!
Author and Illustrator Biographies: Learn about Nathaniel Benchley, Arnold Lobel, Cynthia Rylant, and Suçie Stevenson.
Vocabulary word introduction and practice
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Advice, telling the truth, lying, pride and not listening, listening to our parents, making promises, need vs. want, forgiveness, getting permission, obey and honor parents, God's protection.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Otters, predators, river otter facts, food chains, animal tracks, book poster, track racing, drama, multiple field trip suggestions, cooking centers, mazes, multiple coloring pages, internet otter learning extensions, gardening, chalk pictures, nature hike, Saint Bernard dogs, dog video, finger painting, rainy day box, sprinklers, animal shelters, astronomy and the planets, coloring pages, matching activity.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Oscar Otter and Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Encourages neat and clean coloring practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Answers included for the teacher
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or activity and coloring pages as the student needs them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide or just the coloring pages for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answers included in guide for teacher