Out of the Silent Planet - E-Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Through C. S. Lewis’ Out of the Silent Planet, the first book in his celebrated Space Trilogy, students will learn:
Author Biography: Learn about C.S. Lewis.
Theme Analysis for the Novel
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Theme, Compare and contrast, characterization, irony
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Valuing others above yourself, humility, contentment, freedom of choice, God meets our needs, we are all important as different parts of the body of Christ, decision making, power and control, freewill, parables
Activities and Writing Assignments including research paper on Mars, comparative paper on Fascism, research paper on space travel, analysis paper on racism.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Out of the Silent Planet.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
Learn More about the Book
Read the story summary of Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis and get the book HERE.
Don't miss the second title in the Space Trilogy - Perelandra
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Another Planet, Science Fiction
- British Literature, Christian Analogy, Science Fiction
- Study Guide Author:
- Andrew Clausen
- For the Book By:
- C.S. Lewis
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 42 pages
Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase or until maximum download allowance is reached (whichever occurs first). Once downloaded, back the file up onto a Recordable CD or USB drive for safekeeping. Progeny Press retains the right to refuse replacement of lost or damaged products and/or files.