Long Way Westward, The - E-Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Through Joan Sandin's touching story of Swedish immigrants, students will learn:
Before-You-Read Activities: Mapping USA train route west, travel mapping, ancestry and immigration bulletin board or poster, American flag project, research westward expansion.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Word pictures, idioms, alphabetizing, compound words, punctuation, roots and suffixes.
Moral Lessons and Character Values, such as, we are all part of one body and each part/one of us is important, appreciating our differences, equality, loving your neighbor, hospitality to strangers.
Activities and Writing Assignments including wordsearch, climate geography, Mystery Word activity, cities and states, learn some Swedish, cost comparison, cooking center, creative art idiom poster, Home Sweet Home art project.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, A Long Way Westward!
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
Read the story summary and get the book HERE. Don't miss the beginning of their story in The Long Way to a New Land!
- Immediately; Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase.
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Traveling across US, 1868
- Study guide author:
- Colleen Schreurs
- for the book by:
- Joan Sandin
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 43 pages
Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase or until maximum download allowance is reached (whichever occurs first). Once downloaded, back the file up onto a Recordable CD or USB drive for safekeeping. Progeny Press retains the right to refuse replacement of lost or damaged products and/or files.