First book in the Laura Ingalls Wilder celebrated Little House series, Based on a true story.
There are no houses for miles around, just the Ingalls family: Charles and Caroline (Pa and Ma), Mary, Laura, and baby Carrie.
Laura tells the gentle and often funny story of growing up in the Big Woods of Wisconsin in the 1860's. Here we follow the day-to-day events of the life of Laura Ingalls over the course of the seasons. The story begins as the family prepares for winter, storing away food and preserving meat. During the long nights Pa tells stories and entertains the girl's with his fiddle. In the spring the family makes maple syrup. Summertime brings long days of hard work in the fields, and the fall brings the harvest. As the seasons change the chores and play-time of Laura and her big sister, Mary, also change. Little House in the Big Woods is a delightful look at family life on the frontier.
Progeny Press' Little House in the Big Woods Language Arts PDF download curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Background Information: Wisconsin history.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, setting, paraphrase, similes, secret word, crossword.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Obey, morals, thankfulness, contentment, Sabbath, quiet times, arguments, jealousy, revenge, beauty, truth.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Our Little House guides have many extra hands-on projects including: Seasons, lumber industry, maps, games, bulletin boards, weather, science projects, writing assignments, whittling, dancing, animal tracks, cooking and more!
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Upper Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and continue building and refining their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study PDF download accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!
What others have to say about Progeny Press ELA study guides: