Second book in the Laura Ingalls Wilder celebrated Little House series, Based on a true story.
Almanzo Wilder is almost nine years old, and is the youngest of four children. He's a farmer boy, living and working on his family's large farm in northern New York state. He goes to school in a one-room schoolhouse when school is in session, but when there's work to be done - and there almost always work to be done on the Wilder farm - Almanzo does his part to help his family make a living. Almanzo's driving desire is earning a colt of his very own! Experiencing the labor as well as the leisure times will teach Almanzo the lessons and rewards of hard work, patience, honesty, loyalty, and prudence.
Progeny Press' Farmer Boy Language Arts PDF download curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Background Information: Family farms.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonyms, adjectives, characterization, dictionary, mood, paraphrase, in context, thesaurus, similes, metaphors, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Family time, attitude, work, Sabbath, patience, money, love one another, consequences, honor parents, truth, revenge.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Our Little House guides have many extra hands-on projects including: Farming report or speech, chores, mapwork, dairy, creative writing, art, cooking, garden, wordsearch.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Upper Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and continue building and refining their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study PDF download accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!