Honey for a Child's Heart is a compelling, essential guide for parents who want to find the best books for their children. thousands of parents have used it to furnish their children's inner spirit with the wonder and delight of good reading.
A good book is a gateway into a wider world of wonder, beauty, delight, and adventure. But children don't stumble onto the best books by themselves. they need a parent's help. Author Gladys Hunt discusses everything from how to choose good books for your children to encouraging them to be avid readers.
Completely revised and updated to keep pace with the every-changing world of children's literature, this fourth edition of Honey for a Child's Heart reflects Hunt's broad tastes in books. Rooted in experience, her suggestions will enrich the cultural and spiritual life of your home.
She shows you how to:
- Understand the importance of reading aloud to children
- Give your children a large view of the world, of truth, of goodness
- Encourage each child's imagination and good use of language
- teach your children about life's choices
- Find the best books for your children
- Book Author:
- Gladys Hunt