Upon walking into a hidden hall of doors in their barn on a rainy day, Kennan and Beth are propelled into an adventure beyond their expectations. They choose a door and find themselves on a windswept mountain summit with a dragon flying all too nearby. As they travel across this land following the clues they've been given, they encounter a lost pony, talking crows, elves, and the spiders of Mirkwood.
Realizing they are in a story from a book, they must follow the clues to the end to return home, having learned a special lesson in courage along the way. This courage will help them to serve "The King they already know."
Learn Christian values while traveling through time and place to visit famous books! Similar to the Magic Treehouse series.
Progeny Press' The Dragon's Hoard Language Arts PDF download curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Rebecca Gilleland.
Background Information: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Characterization, setting, similes, dictionary, thesaurus, synonym, antonym, anthropomorphism, dialect, descriptive writing, foreshadow, theme, conflict.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Fear, comfort, avoid evil, advice, trust God, courage, sacrifice, sharing, God is our refuge, God knows us.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Poetry, rainy day ideas, creative writing, service project, wordsearch, crossword, art, cooking, field trip, helmet craft, book report.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Dragon's Hoard by Rebecca Gilleland.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Upper Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and continue building and refining their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study PDF download accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!
What others have to say about Progeny Press ELA study guides: