Hall of Doors: The Dragon's Hoard, The - E-GuideProgeny Press
Book 1 in The Hall of Doors series.
Upon walking into a hidden hall of doors in their barn on a rainy day, Kennan and Beth are propelled into an adventure beyond their expectations. They choose a door and find themselves on a windswept mountain summit with a dragon flying all too nearby. As they travel across this land following the clues they've been given, they encounter a lost pony, talking crows, elves, and the spiders of Mirkwood.
Realizing they are in a story from a book, they must follow the clues to the end to return home, having learned a special lesson in courage along the way. This courage will help them to serve "The King they already know."
Learn Christian values while traveling through time and place to visit famous books! Similar to the Magic Treehouse series.
Through Rebecca Gilleland's adventure in The Hobbit, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Rebecca Gilleland.
Background Information: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Characterization, setting, similes, dictionary, thesaurus, synonym, antonym, anthropomorphism, dialect, descriptive writing, foreshadow, theme, conflict.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Fear, comfort, avoid evil, advice, trust God, courage, sacrifice, sharing, God is our refuge, God knows us.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Poetry, rainy day ideas, creative writing, service project, wordsearch, crossword, art, cooking, field trip, helmet craft, book report.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Dragon's Hoard by Rebecca Gilleland.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!