A School library Journal Best Book of the Year
Through Jill Paton Walsh’s enthralling science fiction tale for young reader’s, students will learn:
Before-You-Read Activities: Read other pioneering books, travel plans, memory photos, make a journal.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In-context, similes, idioms, metaphor, mood, synonyms, imagery, foreshadowing, repetition, alliteration, juxtaposition, conflict, theme, circular narrative,
Moral Lessons and Character Values: making plans, working with friends, teamwork, work, rules, personal value, do not worry, trust in God, God’s providence, courage, hospitality, suicide and murder, despair vs. hope, sharing,
Activities and Writing Assignments including planning forum, computer research, gravity, science and wind, rain cycle, jellyfish, oil lamps, marine aquariums, science video recommendations, fairytales, boredom ideas, tree candy, hopscotch, cooking grain, pancakes, Venn diagramming, wordsearch, mystery word message, crossword, crystal gardens, maple syrup, gardening, spin thread, fire opals, creative writing journal, creative writing sequel, poetry performance, persuasive paper, flatbread and muffins.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more plays by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Green Book.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
Our Interactive Study Guide will open with Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0+. You may still print off the study guide just as before. But with the interactive files, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
Read the story summary and get this book HERE.
- Immediately; Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase.
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Science Fiction, Imaginative
- Study Guide Author:
- Rebecca Gilleland
- for the book by:
- Jill Paton Walsh
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 62 pages
Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase or until maximum download allowance is reached (whichever occurs first). Once downloaded, back the file up onto a Recordable CD or USB drive for safekeeping. Progeny Press retains the right to refuse replacement of lost or damaged products and/or files.