Ranofer dreams of following in his father's footsteps as a goldsmith, but when he is suddenly orphaned, he struggles under the abusive control of a half-brother. When he stumbles across tomb robbers, Ranofer is swept into danger, mystery, and intrigue, but he never loses sight of his dream. This exciting coming-of-age mystery brings Ancient Egypt to life.
Progeny Press' The Golden Goblet Language Arts PDF curriculum provides your Middle School grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Eloise Jarvis McGraw.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonym, imagery, simile, setting, juxtaposition, irony, foreshadowing, in context, foil, metaphor, dictionary, comic relief, antonym, cliffhanger, point of view, mood, conflict, climax, characterization, dilemma, theme, poetic justice.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Refine, our plans, consequences, prayer, fear, anger, lying, greed, wealth, trust in God, diligence, truth, humility.
Activities and Writing Assignments: History, field trip, mapping, create your own lap book, crossword, gold, jokes, hieroglyphics, cooking, Egyptian culture, discussion, drama, writing, art, Bible study.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw.
All of Progeny Press' language arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Middle School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refine their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!