Farmer Boy - E-GuideProgeny Press
Second book in the Laura Ingalls Wilder celebrated Little House series, Based on a true story.
ALA Notable Children's Book, Children's Literature Legacy Award Winning author (previously known as the Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal).
Almanzo Wilder is almost nine years old, and is the youngest of four children. He's a farmer boy, living and working on his family's large farm in northern New York state. He goes to school in a one-room schoolhouse when school is in session, but when there's work to be done - and there almost always work to be done on the Wilder farm - Almanzo does his part to help his family make a living. Almanzo's driving desire is earning a colt of his very own! Experiencing the labor as well as the leisure times will teach Almanzo the lessons and rewards of hard work, patience, honesty, loyalty, and prudence.
Through Laura Ingalls Wilder's telling of life through a young boy's eyes, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Background Information: Family farms.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonyms, adjectives, characterization, dictionary, mood, paraphrase, in context, thesaurus, similes, metaphors, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Family time, attitude, work, Sabbath, patience, money, love one another, consequences, honor parents, truth, revenge.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Our Little House guides have many extra hands-on projects including: Farming report or speech, chores, mapwork, dairy, creative writing, art, cooking, garden, wordsearch.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!